Monday, November 12, 2012

Battlefield 3 Premium Edition Review

Sorry it's been a while, between waiting on hearing from people I know who live in NYC Hurricane Sandy and the Elections I've been swamped with a lot to do.

However here is my review on Battlefield 3: PE

First things first, this is the Premium Edition where you get the Premium account,. which gives you the three Map Packs for free plus the 2 new ones for free when they come out.

Battlefield is what all shooters even Call of Duty should be like. I have played every CoD games except for BO 2,  Every time I play battlefield 3 it feels different from the last time. It has a uniqueness to it that is very refreshing in the dull FPS world.

Single Player was good, not great but better than other Solo ones out there. It has a story that sucks you into the game. They did drop the ball though, I feel like they could have added some more aircraft missions, which is a big deal in battlefield.

The cop-op is again okay they don't have many missions which is a bummer, but it can help you in the long run!

Multiplayer is the one thing I was a little worried about. I've been disappointed with CoD multiplayer (Mostly Black Ops, because World at War is freaking amazing, and the best shooter ever!) I didn't really want to play it at first so I just ddi single player until I said you know what? Let's rock this out. I'm so freaking glad I did.

MP is beast, simply no other other way to describe it. There are a ton of maps, weapons, and modes to get you into the mode of gaming. The guns are realistic, especially with the bullet drop for Sniper rifles and how much you have to lead them in order to gt a kill shot.

There are 4 classes


Assault class which is what we use to call a Rambo Medic. You get Med packs that you drop and you can even use defibrillators to revive fallen buddies.

Engineer Class, with a blowtorch and a rocket or 2 you can kill the enemy or fix your vehicles.

Support is my go to class. You can use C4, claymores, and even drop ammo boxes for yourself and your buddies.

Recon is my favorite class, I love sniper rifles but since I suck, it's a little hard for me which is why it's not my go to class.

The sounds are crisp and really makes you feel like your in the game. They took a lot of time and patience with this. Not a lot of games do and I;m glad that they did!

The visuals in this game are amazing, then engine in the game is fantastic. I wish that other games would use that instead of the IW engine that MW3, BO 2, etc are using. Frostbite 2 is the name of the engine that powers Battlefield 3, or as I like to call it the OMFG!!!!!

It's really intense, from the detail on the characters and buildings to the surroundings and vehicles. This is the most life like game i've ever played. Frostbite 2 also has an killer destruction aspect to it. It's not too over the top and it's not weak. It's in the middle which is where real life is, in the middle. Some other engines like the Red Faction engine has it where you can easily take down a building but in real life, it's not gonna be that easy. (I'm assuming here, I've never tried to destroy anything in real life, don't send me any messages please)

The vehicles are amazing but I'm horrible and I've not been in them long enough to know how well they are.

All in all this has proved to be one of the best purchases that I've ever made.

I give this game a 9.8 out of 10.

There is one downside to this game, and it comes from multiplayer. If you are in a game and the game ends, if you want to go back to the main multiplayer menu you have to quit your game session and it takes you back to the main menu, then from there you select multiplayer. If should just go back to the multiplayer screen and not the main screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment