Sunday, September 30, 2012

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD Review

It's time to get on board!!!!!

No serriously, I've been a fan of the series and my favorite skate games are the first three Tony Hawk's Pro Skater ones. I must say that this game is well....lackluster. I was and still am excited about the HD remake of the game, but they dropped the ball servery with this game!

The graphics are good, they're not the worst but they're also not the best out there. However for what this HD Remake is it fits the bill decently! They kept the same while updating it. Which one would think would be the norm for HD remakes, however others just look the same as they did previously.

The music in this game are a mix of awesome and okay, Old and new collide in this game and I think they did themselves a great disservice by adding a lot of  new music to the game and taking about other great songs!  Now I did hear (but have yet to try) that you can play music on the background from your ps3 while playing this game, so maybe you can just get the soundtracks and play them instead of the crap that they added.

The gameplay is the way it was and the way that it should be, with one exception. While there is online play (Once again I have yet to try it out) they removed split screen completely! WTF were they thinking??? I know online this and online that, but what about when two people are in the same place want to play a little one-on-one? I guess all they care about is scraping a few levels together and calling it a happy day, well they are wrong...WRONG I SAY!!!

Which takes me to another point, they are so freaking greedy! The game only comes with 7 levels. Granted these are great levels, but come on, only 7 levels??? The levels you get are:

Warehouse
School II (In my opinion, the first school level was better)
Hangar
Mall
Venice Beach
Downhill Jam
Marseille

I also believe that they should have at least added the first 2 Competition levels from the first game like Skatepark, Chicago,  Burnside, Portland. Those are 2 really great levels and they were also the 2 that me and my friends would battle on all day long.

I know that they have a DLC planned for I believe 3 more levels these are from THPS 3, Canada (YAY!!!) Airport (EHH) and Los Angeles ( I loved the earthquake on that level)

I wish they they would leave the rest of the levels (You know they love money) to the fans. Have a contest, one for each game THPS1, 2, and 3. Give the fans the opportunity to decide what 3 levels would appear on each pack. I bet you most people aren't happy about Canada being there, I loved the level and I don't see a smart move there, but whatever!

All in all this is a good game, but they ruined the core of it by omitting certain aspects of it and changing what they feel needed to be changed (Which we know they're wrong)

I give this game a 9 out of 10

Stayed Tuned for an exciting Review next time, it will be either SSX or Tekken Tag Tournament 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment