Sunday, August 26, 2012

Minecraft Review

Let's Build something together!!!! Or leave me alone while I blow stuff up.

Minecraft can be many things for everyone. it can be a fun and challenging  survival game for you and your friends, it can be let's just be creative and build whatever I want. or it can be a solo challenge game or your choice. It's versatile, and that's what a lot of games struggle with on a regular basis. I for one love it because I just go around and build whatever I want, whether it be a huge wooden mansion (or stone) or a roller coaster, or a big maze of TNT waiting to be blown up.

There is a lot to learn about Minecraft before you can really relax in the game. While you can gather resources necessary to ensure your survival, you need to know how to craft them. The greatest thing I ever did for myself was to look online at instructions for noobs to see how to create the first basic things needed. After I knew how to create the crafting table and a torch I took the time to create everything else I needed. Well to be fair I think I created (Without looking) about 85% of what I know about Minecraft.

Even though it was hard at first Minecraft has become my favorite game to just have fun with. I don't care what is going on a Creeper could sneek up behind me and blow up and I'm still having fun. Mostly because I love wacking them off my Roller Coaster Rails!

Why did I blow up the house that I spent 20+ Hours working on??? Because if was fun! Just make a backup of your saves, :P

The expression The World is your Oyster really does apply here. You control what happens next, more so than with an RPG with a morality based engine because if you don't craft the items that you need to survive, then your gonna be in for a world of hurt!



One of the best things about Minecraft is that when you click on create a new world you don't really know what your gonna get, or where in that world you'll wind up. I've wound up in the middle of a dessert to the tops of a snowy mountain, if gives it a realistic flair!

Another great thing is installing different mods. There are a lot of mods for Minecraft. They range from new items to create more amazing objects like a Nuclear Facility, to mini maps that can be placed so you never get lost. There are also texture packs that you can install to change the skin of Minecraft as well. You can really do a lot with  Minecraft because it can change to whatever you want it to be!

Minecraft is a fun game and one that I will always enjoy because of the shear adventure and the not knowing what's coming around the corner.

This Creeper gives it a 9.5 out of 10

Update on Budget Kills if was going to start on last Friday but moving furniture took too much time for me from thursday through yesterday. Budget Kills will not only start but be on every Tuesday/Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment